WHEELING BANKRUPTCY LAWYER YOU CAN TRUST
With more than 30 years of legal experience, Thomas E. McIntire most of his West Virginia law practice to handling Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases. Representing his clients with compassion and skill, he also handles cases involving consumer protection, wills, and estates. Whether you are facing bankruptcy or creditor harassment, Tom McIntire is prepared to fight and win for you.
EDUCATION & BACKGROUND
Tom’s use of the bankruptcy courts and the full array of available consumer protection statutes has enabled him to recover millions of dollars for clients who have been victimized by bad-faith lenders, inappropriate fees, discharge violations, debt collection violations and more.
Tom received his undergraduate degree from Fairmont State College in Fairmont, West Virginia in 1980; he received his master’s degree in Labor Relations from West Virginia University in Morgantown, West Virginia in 1982 and graduated from Law School in Michigan in 1985.
MEMBERSHIPS & PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITIONS
Tom is an active member of the West Virginia community having assisted many charities and non-profit organizations through civic organizations in the state. Tom has always worked hard to provide quality representation for the poor or disadvantaged people in Wheeling, WV, and the surrounding communities.
Attorney McIntire is a member of the following:
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Ohio County Bar Association
- Wetzel County Bar Association
- Tyler County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
In addition to being an active member of the associations listed above, Mr. McIntire was the Secretary of the Ohio County Bar Association in 1986 and President of the Ohio County Bar Association in 2009. He has been honored by Legal Aid of West Virginia for donating his time and expertise for the benefit of low-income and disadvantaged West Virginians.
- West Virginia Supreme Court
- US District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- US District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- US Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- US Appellant Court for the Fourth District of the United States